Cannabis grinders are a necessary part of the process. Without them, the weed or hash would be pretty much useless. But they’re tedious to work with – depending on your technique, it can take 15-20 minutes just to grind enough for one joint.
If you’re a newbie, you might be wondering how to make your first one. Or if you can find one that’s inexpensive but still works well in a way that’ll make it worth the investment.
One thing’s for sure: if you want a health-conscious grinder, you won’t get it from the average cleaner – unless they know that they have to justify their business.
Different Types of Grinders
There are three main types of grinders:
(1) Manual – as the name suggests, this one relies on manual labor. It has a small hole on one side for you to hold and a flat plate inside with holes big enough for the weed to fall through.
You twist the grinder 90 degrees and then turn it back. This spins the weed around, making it easier for it to be ground. When you go back, you turn again to spin the weed and loosen up more bud.
(2) Electric – this is the easiest one to work with, so it’s usually the more expensive one. Like the manual type, it has a flat plate inside and holes, but there’s a blade at one end which you turn in order to grind up weed.
(3) Hand Operated – this is the most commonly used grinder. It has a lid that you press down to grind the weed, making it easier to make fine pieces which result in smoother smoking.
The Size Matters
You may have heard of the saying, “Size matters” – and that’s especially true when it comes to weed Grinders dopeboo. You see, not all of them are made for grinding up bowl after bowl after bowl of weed.
This is mostly because some people might not have the patience to work with their grinder for long periods of time.
If you have a really small space in your home, then you will probably want to invest in something small and compact – that way you won’t waste much bud every time you grind.
If this is the case, consider these:
(1) Hand-Held Grinders – these are usually the most popular ones out there. They’re not huge, they’re light and they could easily fit into a drawer or a small box.
(2) Electric Grinders – these are the most useful ones. They have multiple pieces that you can use to grind various types of herbs, but also cannabis.
They have access to multiple blades to make small, medium and large pieces so you don’t waste anything.